The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) has selected Xandra Kramer as a member based on her outstanding scientific achievements. Instalment of the nineteen new Academy members will take place on Monday 16 September. The KNAW has around 550 members, of whom 39 within the legal domain. Members of the KNAW are leading scientists from all disciplines. The instalment entails a lifelong membership to the KNAW. The KNAW is the forum, voice and conscience of science in the Netherlands. With their research and collections, the institutes of the KNAW belong to the (inter)national scientific top. At the basis of all its activities is the conviction that knowledge and creativity are the most important ingredients for well-being and prosperity. Xandra Kramer will become a member within the domain of Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences and Law.
Welcome to the website of Prof. dr. Xandra Kramer, professor at Erasmus School of Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam and at the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance of Utrecht University, the Netherlands. View my résumé, publications, lecturing activities and projects.
My current key project is the ERC consolidator project Building EU Civil Justice: challenges of procedural innovations - bridging access to justice. View our publications and our activities here.
View some of my latest publications on
- Challenges of Electronic Taking of Evidence
- e-Justice in the Netherlands
- Access to justice and technology
- The party autonomy paradigm in private international law
- Austerity and civil procedure
- The Future of European Private International Law
- Transnational Securities Litigation and Mass Settlements
- ELI-UNIDROIT project on European Rules of Civil Procedure
- International Contracts and Corruption